Tuesday, July 18, 2017

Gone Fishing


More unusual monstrous infantry!  This guy was painted using the Secret Weapon paints, where I took advantage of the translucent potential of those colors to do layers of glazing.


While transparent glazes were a big part of this, I still worked back into the middle tones by mixing light opaque colors into the mix.  This was especially done on the leather surfaces.


For the fishes, I used a few of the Reaper clear colors, which are like super saturated versions of the Secret Weapon paints.


To tint the grays towards purple or blue, it was quite easy, simply adding in a little bit of darker shades here and there around the eyes and so on.  I believe this miniature is from the Figone line, and not Mierce as I originally thought.


4 comments:

  1. Very cool figure & an absolutely fantastic paintjob on him. Skin tones are superb! Never heard of Figone before, now I will need to check. Though I would have thought Mierce when first seen too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I thought the exact same thing until the buyer informed me that it was figone :-)

      Delete
  2. Yep, Figone. This is Kahar, sculpted by the great Allan Carrasco. You should check out the other stuff Carrasco did, he has a lot of animal people with a very distinctive anatomy. Pretty cool.
    Nice paintjob, by the way :). Not easy to make the colour grey look interessting but you did a fine job here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the info! I will have to go hunt those down ;-)

      Delete